12 Oct Short Term Rental Work Session with City Council TODAY at 4:00
Posted at 13:36h in Uncategorized
Tuesday October 12th at 4pm, the Boise City Council will discuss the Short Term Rental Ordinance during a work Session Meeting. If you are interested in hearing what City Council’s thoughts are regarding the Short Term Rental Ordinance, please tune in. If you are not able to attend either via Zoom or in person you will be able to watch a video of the work session. You are not able to speak during a work session, just listen.
This will be the first time the public will be able to see what the city has been working on and what is going to be proposed in the ordinance and is scheduled to only last 15 minutes. Here is a link to the webinar for tomorrow: City Council – Work Session – Oct 12, 2021 4:00 PM (iqm2.com). You can also access this here as well Meeting Portal – City of Boise, Idaho (iqm2.com).
Below are a list of the key components that are critical to any effective regulation, please refer to these as you hear what the city is proposing:
- Short Term Rentals (STR) are required to register with the city
- Restrict STR to owner-occupied
- Require STR to pass public safety inspection including meeting city all applicable building codes
- Require STR to notify neighbors of operation
- Require STR to post permit near front door and post permit number on all advertisements (i.e. Airbnb, VRBO, Vacasa, etc.)
- No recreational vehicle, travel trailer, tent or other temporary shelter may be used as a short-term rental.
For more information on the draft Short Term Rental ordinance click here.