02 Apr St. Luke’s Construction Updates
Construction is mostly complete on phase 1 of the St. Luke’s downtown campus improvement plan. The area is really starting to look nice, especially with the spring landscaping efforts! Thank you for your patience and support throughout this process. Important updates are listed below, and here is St. Luke’s latest COVID-19 vaccine information, in case you are looking for information.
- Generator testing
- St. Luke’s building services team members will conduct full load testing on the new generators inside the new facilities along 2nd Street during the early morning hours of Sunday, April 4.
- In order to maintain hospital accreditation, readiness and the ability to support our community, St. Luke’s is required to perform this test on a monthly basis. The generators will be tested the first Sunday of each month, during early morning hours.
- The testing is intentionally scheduled to limit any potential impact on patients and hospital procedures.
- St. Luke’s leaders have taken extra steps to mitigate potential noise from the generators, including adding additional paneling inside the facility.
- Repaving work
- Parts of 1st, 2nd and Jefferson streets (map attached) will be repaved, starting Monday, April 5 (rescheduled from starting today).
- Crews hope to wrap up the work by the weekend of April 10 (weather permitting).
- Crews plan to restrict one lane at a time, allowing traffic to still flow through the area.
- Flaggers and signs will be in the area to help drivers.
- The work will be led by Layton Construction and Knife River.