04 Dec St. Luke’s Construction Updates and Bannock Survey
We hope you are staying safe and well during this time. Below is a brief update on projects near the St. Luke’s Boise Medical Center. We have also added our updated COVID-19 resource website, in case you need information.
- Bannock survey
- Have you used the Bannock corridor, the one-block stretch between Ave. A and 1st Street in the middle of the Boise Medical Center?
- Repaving work
- As construction nears completion with phase 1 of the improvements to St. Luke’s, crews are planning to repave the roads and improve sidewalks around the construction zones, including parts of 1st, 2nd and Jefferson streets.
- Repaving is expected to begin in the coming days and wrap up before the end of the month.
- Please watch for flaggers and signs to help direct traffic in the areas.
- Generator testing
- Officials are planning to conduct testing on the new emergency generators at the construction site, likely on Dec. 17 and/or Dec. 18 (dates subject to change).
- Neighbors may notice noise during the testing period. Crews will try to minimize noise and impact.
- State Street work
- A local construction company is remodeling the building near the northwest corner of 1st and State streets. This work is not related to the Boise Medical Center construction.
- According to ACHD, from now until early January, State Street between 1st and 2nd streets will be restricted to east-bound traffic only. There is a detour for west-bound traffic.
- Holiday event planning tips
- We have attached PDFs that provide helpful tips to stay safe during the holidays (English and Spanish versions attached).