07 Apr Things to do during our “Stay at Home” order
Things to do during our “Stay at Home” order
At times like this when we are having to shelter in place and we’re not able to see our family and friends and do the things that have become second nature to us, we find ourselves needing to reinvent the wheel and find other things to keep us going, keep us from becoming depressed, we need to be creative and find a “new” normal.
We have created a list of things to do while in isolation, things that are free and hopefully fun and still maintain your social distancing.
- Sidewalk Chalk Drawings – this a wonderful way to be outside with your kids and draw something colorful and happy for everyone that walks by to enjoy.
- Yard Sign – Write a message to those that walk by. The message could be your favorite quote, a drawing that your kids or family have done, or just a “hello”.
- Happy Hour from your driveway – I believe that people on Morningside Dr do this one. You can pull out your lawn chairs, bring out food and drinks (just for yourselves, no sharing), set up in your driveway and chat from a distance with your neighbors. If you don’t have a driveway, use the parkway and wave to people as they drive by.
- Instruments – If you play guitar or any other instrument bring it out and play in your driveway or on your front porch. This would be nice for the evening walkers!
- Walking, hiking, running and biking are all wonderful things to do. It allows for us to get outside and get some fresh air! Just be sure to allow for your social distance of 6’.
- If you sew, you could sew face masks or surgical caps for the healthcare workers or for those with health issues. Here are a couple of links for the medical masks. From See Kate Sew visit https://seekatesew.com/3-ways-to-make-a-diy-surgical-face-mask-for-virus-shortage/
Great Falls Clinic mask pattern and video. Visit https://www.gfclinic.com/wp-content/uploads/Approved-Pattern-Info-for-Great-Falls-Clinic-Homemade-Masks.pdf
- Doorbell Dash – you could leave a basket or a bag of goodies for a friend or neighbor. A bottle of wine, some TP, Lysol wipes, or candy. Be sure to wipe everything down prior to the drop off and the person on the receiving end should also wipe everything down.
- The neighborhood could create an I Spy Game/Treasure Hunt by leaving out objects in their gardens, windows, or trees. If you have something unique or fun in your yard or on your house send a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make a list for you to hunt!
- Make cards and send them to your neighbors, family and friends!
Send EENA pictures of what you did that was fun for the day so that we can post some of them on our website and Facebook pages. Send them to email@example.com
Here is a list of free TV stations from kids shows, documentaries, opera, biographies, Broadway musicals and more.
- Sling TV is offering a new “Sling Experience” providing a number of live channels and programs to the public for free. Visit sling.com
- Showtime – Streaming service is free for 30 days. Visit com
- Amazon Prime you can get the full library of Prime video options for 30 days.
- Visit the Amazon signup page
- Fill in your contact info and credit card number
- Head over to Prime Video
- Netflix – Free for 30 days. Visit com/signup
- Hulu – Free for 30 days. Visit com/start
- Sundance Now – Free for 30 days showing documentaries, Indie films, short films, world cinema and original programs. Visit https://www.sundancenow.com/signup
- Criterion Channel – showing classic and contemporary films. Visit Criterion Channel signup page
- Acorn TV – Watch British shows for 30 days free. Visit acorn.tv
- Pluto TV – Offers MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, and more. Visit pluto.tv
- Disney Channel – Free 7-day trial. Visit https://www.disneyplus.com/sign-up
- DOX TV – Free 7-day trial. Showing True Crime, UFO’s, Sports, biographies and more. Visit com/signup
- Broadway HD – Free 7 days. Watch plays and musicals like Phantom of the Opera, Cats and Les Misérables. Visit com
- PBS – Show and documentaries. Visit org
- Pure Flix – Faith based films and documentaries. Visit pureflix.com
Free Museum Virtual Tours
- Good Housekeeping – 30 virtual tours or museums, zoos and theme parks. Visit https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/travel/a31784720/best-virtual-tours/
- Travel and Leisure – 12 Museum tours from around the world. Visit https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours
- Smithsonian Tours – Visit https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/how-virtually-explore-smithsonian-your-living-room-180974436/
- Metropolitan Opera – Free 7-day trial. Visit metopera.org
- Free Boise Philharmonic – Visit CLICK HERE TO WATCH ALL OUR #PHILTHELOVE VIDEOS.
- Live Nation has free concerts with different artist.
- Sirius XM – Free through May 15, 2020. Visit siriusxm.com
If you have any ideas of things that we can add to the list, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org we’d love to hear from you!
Keep your social distance, stay healthy but, have some fun too!