02 Oct Communities in Motion
Posted at 10:12h in Uncategorized
The Community Planning Association (COMPASS) is actively implementing Communities in Motion 2040 (CIM 2040), the regional long-range transportation plan for Ada and Canyon Counties, adopted in July 2014. We are also asking for public comment on the updated plan – Communities in Motion 2040 2.0.The plan looks at four distinct transportation components – roadways, public transportation, bicycle/pedestrian infrastructure, and freight – and how they work together to provide a complete transportation system.Communities in Motion 2040 2.0 is based on growth anticipated to the year 2040, the transportation needs to accommodate that growth, and other factors that influence, or will be influenced by, transportation, such as land use, open space, economic development, and more.We will continue to send quarterly email updates to help you stay abreast of both the behind-the-scene planning process and opportunities for you to be involved. Each email will provide a summary of what has happened since the last email update and a preview of what is planned before the next scheduled email update. Past CIM 2040 2.0 email updates like this one are available on the CIM 2040 2.0 webpage.
What’s new since July?
A progress report on Communities in Motion
- Completed the Air Quality Conformity Demonstration for Ada and Canyon Counties.
- Established performance targets for pavement, bridge, system performance, and transit asset management.
- Established performance measures to track for CIM 2040 2.0.
- Completed writing the draft web-based plan – technical documents, web content, and a hard copy summary brochure.Implementation:
- Completed ±20 development review checklists to connect local decision-making to regional goals.
- Installed bicycle and pedestrian counters along various corridors.
- Completed the 2018 Change in Motion Scorecard to track progress towards achieving the goals of CIM 2040.Public Involvement and Outreach:
- Hosted a Mobile Active Transportation Tour organized by the Active Transportation Workgroup.
- Began soliciting public comment on the draft CIM 2040 2.0 planon September 21, 2018. Comments will be accepted through October 21, 2018.